Lesson-1: My School: Where my heart belongs
1. What do you mean by school?
A school is an organization considered to offer learning spaces and learning environments for the teaching of students under the course of teachers. School days are always unforgettable for everyone’s life.
2. How do you remember your primary school? Describe your favorite teacher? Why s/he is your favorite teacher?
I remember my primary school when I share my school days’ memories with others. The name of my primary school is Fultoly Government Primary School in Rajshahi. In that school, they are 10 teachers. I had a favourite teacher. The name of my favourite teacher is Abdur Rahman. He is my favorite teacher because:
- He was a well-disciplined and punctual.
- He had a supportive attitude towards the students.
- His teaching style was different from the other teachers of the school and always eager to co-operate with the weak students in the classroom.
- He took special attention for the development of moral character of all the students.
3. Describe your first day at school.
I went to school for the first time when I was only 6 years old. It was a small primary school with 8 rooms. On that day I woke up very early in the morning. My mother bathed and dressed me. Then my father took me to school. They were all new commerce in the school like me. I was then taken to a classroom with the help of another teacher. My classmates looked at me with wonder and smiled. Some of them be friended me within a short time. After waiting for sometime class teacher entered into our class. He was very gentle. He encouraged me and treated me kindly. In the first class I got my first lesson in Bangla alphabet and rhymes. I can never forget the memory of my first day school.
4. Can you remember any memorable event of your primary school days?
There are many incidents in our lives that we can never forget. As for me, the most memorable event of my primary school days is the memory of my first day at school. I want to school for the first time when I was only 6 years old. It was a small primary school with 8 rooms. On that day I woke up very early in the morning. My mother bathed and dressed me. Then my father took me to school. They were all newcomer in the school like me. My father took me to the headmaster’s office and got me admitted in the school. I was then taken to a classroom with the help of another teacher. I felt a bit nervous in the new environment. My classmates looked at me with wonder and smiled. Some of them befriended me within a short time. After waiting for some time my class teacher entered into our class. He was very gentle. He encouraged me and treated me kindly. In the first class I got my first lesson in Bangla alphabet and rhymes. The memory of my first day in school is still fresh in my mind.
5. What types of game you used to play at Primary School?
Games are play an important part to fulfill our amusement in our childhood. In Bangladesh primary level leads a vital rule for children to play varieties types of games. However, in break time I used to play at primary school with my class mates and friends.
We play so many enjoyable games together. Such as:
- Sultana Bibi-wana and so on.
6. How do you remember your Primary School? Describe your favourite teacher. Why he or she is your favourite?
I am Hussain. I really pleasant to tell about my primary school. At my first day of school I was about five years old, I guess. The school was very near our house. I thought it was our school. All I remember, I and my younger brother used to go to school together. The teachers are very close to us because they were our relations. Teachers were generally very unkind with children. They were often very angry and they expressed it through their behaviour. I was not happy to see it and I did have a good idea of primary school but there was the opportunity of playing in the field that attracted me.
I have a favourite teacher. He is our English teacher. He is an M.A in English. I like him, respect him and love him. He has left a permanent impression on my mind by his affection, convincing power, his personality and admirable teaching method. He is a friend, philosopher and guide. He carries out his responsibilities fully without fear or favor and strictly enforces the rules of study and conduct. For all this he is disliked at fast by some student. But soon they change their opinion.
Mr. Ahmed has many virtues of an ideal man with a high sense of humanity. He and his students are bound much by the ties of the same relation is between Father and Sons. If any student cannot buy a book, he will no doubt help him. His method of teaching is very easy and lucid. He has a strong, clear and pleasant voice. Every day he teaches us a new style. He can make any grammatical problem easy. In the classroom he is just like an English. His pronunciation is good and he speaks English with foreign accent. If any student cannot understand he becomes very friendly to make him understand that.
All students and teachers love him very much I want to be a teacher like him.
7. Can you remember any memorable event of your primary school days?
Or, write a good or bad memories which you have of your school days?
Memories are evergreen; however, it is good or bad does not matter. The old one gives us pleasure. A new study suggests that we recall bad memories more easily than good ones for perhaps it left a scratch on our mind. School has had to be the most boring time of our lives, but equally fun. So when you look back on your class photographs, you smell the nostalgic scent of all the tiny bits of fun that turned into a ball of amusement.
Among my worst memories from school days, the scene is still clear in my mind. Once while playing hide and seek my hand mistakenly got stuck between the classroom door and screws. I go through so much pain.
My best memory in a school was when I received a trophy in class 3 because I own the inter -school race competition I was jumping with Joy since it was my first trophy ever.
Lesson-2: Library: How big can it be!
8. What is a library? How does it help the students?
A library is a store-house of knowledge. A library is a place where books, magazines, and other materials (such as videos and musical recordings) are available for people to use or borrow. It is a significant source of knowledge to young minds in schools.
“A library is a building or room containing a collection of books, periodicals, and sometimes, films and recorded music for use or borrowing by the public or the members of an institution.”
A library is a part and parcel of an educational institution. It is a very important source of knowledge. It helps the students in the following manners :
- Students can form the habit of reading by going to the library regularly. They can even take books from the library to read them at home through a library card.
- Most of the students don’t have the capacity to buy so many books. So, A student can use the resource books related to their subjects to make their own notes. In this way they can prepare some authentic answers to the important questions and get a good mark in the exams.
- A library is a source of entertainment for the book lovers. They can read the writings of famous writers.
- A library can help a student gather the skills necessary for achieving success in a constantly changing technological, social and economic environment.
- A library is a storehouse of knowledge. A library helps a student develop his/her creativity and make him/her a man with refined taste and mental faculty.
9. Write a short paragraph about a library which you have used most often in your life (use comparative and superlative form)
Or, write a problem about a library what kinds of books are kept in a library?
A library is such an institution where books, magazines and other reading materials are kept for the use of the people at large. Readers and members can read the materials of their choice in public library. They can also take books to their homes in accordance with the library rules. There are so many types of library like public, institutional, National, special, corporate, academic. Public libraries are supported by text payers in some way. They are open to the public.
Academic libraries are supported by a Scholastic organization like school governing board/ College /University and readers must be student or employee. Corporate libraries are operated by large companies.
Special libraries usually associated with museums or other special collections like “Moktijoddho Jafoghor” “Sufia Kamal” National public etc. I usually most often used public library of Bangladesh. It immensely helps in the spread of knowledge. An individual reader cannot buy all procure, all the books and journals he wants to read. The students, teachers and researchers cannot collect all kinds of materials they need to study. Besides, they find it difficult, even impossible to gather books which are out of point or foreign origin. Public libraries are the reading houses which, in Such circumstance they can fall back upon.
Nowadays, “Bishsho Shahitto Kendra” is leading an important role by “Vharmmoman Library” program which can develop the reading habit of the people in general. E library also taking an interesting place to reader’s mind.
10. As a teacher what facilities can you get from a library?
As a teacher we can get the following facilities from a library:
- We can get a huge collection of reference and resource books.
- Any kind of reference book such as how to teach, classroom management etc. can borrow from library to develop my professional skills.
- A teacher can enrich vocabulary and develop his/her pronunciation, stress and intonation from different types of grammatical books.
- Newspaper and periodical magazine can help to develop the teacher knowledge and be well-trained up in art and craft and literature also.
ইংরেজি এসকে বিষয়ের আরও পোস্ট দেখুন
- English SK Hand-note: Unit-1 Getting introduce
- English SK Hand-note; Unit-2 My school
- English SK Hand-note; Unit-3 Professions and Jobs
- English SK Hand-note; Unit-4 Going out and outing
- English SK Hand-note: Unit-5 Pastimes and Hobbies
দয়া করে সকলের উপকারার্থে শেয়ার করুন এবং ভবিষ্যতে নিজের ফেসবুক ওয়ালে রেখে দিন।